Bid AdvertisementsDocument 00030 - Advertisement for Bids Download a Printable PDF
1. Oakland C.U.S.D. #5 is seeking qualified bids for asbestos abatement work at Lake Crest Elementary School located at 200 Teeter Street in Oakland, Coles County, Illinois. The Project Manual and Plan Drawings are titled Asbestos Abatement at Lake Crest Elementary. Sealed Bids will be received until 2:00 P.M. on April 9, 2009, in the office of Architect. All bids will be publicly opened and read after the specified closing time in the office of the Architect located at 123 North 15th Street in Mattoon, Illinois.
2. Bids shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope endorsed "ATTN: ASBESTOS ABATEMENT AT LAKE CREST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL"
3. The proposed project is within the city limits of the City of Oakland. The work consist of the removal of approximately 17,866 square feet of asbestos-containing resilient flooring and acoustical tile inside portions of the Lake Crest Elementary School.
4. Not less than the prevailing hourly wage, as determined by the Illinois Department of Labor for Coles County, shall be paid for any part of the work, or the contractor shall comply with the City of Oakland's Prevailing Wage Ordinance in effect at the time of the work insofar as it may apply. The Method of Payment shall be a Lump Sum Fee payout.
5. Bidding Documents are available at Courtice/Grason for a non-refundable fee of $30.00, payable to Courtice/Grason, P.O. Box 71, Sullivan, Illinois 61951 (Voice at 217.254.4988). Bid bonds are required, and bidders shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment for this work because of race, color, creed, or national origin.
6. The successful Bidder shall furnish a Performance Bond and a Labor & Material Payment Bond each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price. Bonds shall be filed with Oakland C.U.S.D. #5 prior to the successful contractor being issued the Notice to Proceed.
7. The owner reserves the right to waive technicalities or to reject any or all bids. The awarded bid will be accepted by Resolution of the Oakland C.U.S.D. #5 School Board. Acceptance will be based on the lowest responsible bidder. The construction period will commence with the date of Notice of Award and shall be substantially complete within 30 consecutive calendar days thereafter.
8. A Pre-bid Meeting will be held April 2, 2009 at 9:00 A.M. at the project site (200 Teeter Street). Interested parties should meet at the front office of the Lake Crest Elementary School. For more information please contact Courtice/Grason at 217.254.4988 or visit www.CourticeGrason.com.
Oakland C.U.S.D. #5
Oakland, Illinois 61943